Jesus is Crucified To Remember: Jesus
died for our sins
crucifixion - killing a person by hanging them on a cross
Lesson (See also lesson on Jesus' Death
and Easter Program/Skit)
Read the passages from scripture that relate the events of Jesus' trials and
True or False
1. A man named Simon carried Jesus' cross part of the way. T
2. Jesus was crucified alone. F
3. Jesus asked God to avenge His unfair death. F
4. One of the thieves recognized that Jesus is the Messiah. T
5. Miracles occurred as Jesus died. T
Review Questions (can be
used with gameboard)
1. Who did Jesus cry out to on the cross? God the father
2. Name two people who saw Jesus on the cross. (soldiers, two
thieves, His mother, John)
3. Describe a crucifixion.
1. Act out the soldiers rolling dice for Jesus' robe.
2. Hold your arms out to your side as long as you can. See how
heavy they get?
3. Draw the temple veil torn in two?
1. What are some feelings Jesus may have felt during His crucifixion?
embarrassment, discouragement, anger, sorrow,...
2. How do you think Mary felt? distressed, sorrowful, helpless,
3. How do you think God felt? (pleased with his Son, sorrowful
for Jesus' pain, angry at mankind)
1. If Jesus asked God to forgive those who killed him, how should I
treat those who hurt me?
2. If Jesus had to die for our sins, how serious is sin?
3. Is there anything I can suffer that Jesus won't understand?
1. What miracles occurred while Jesus died? (earthquake, the temple veil
tore in two, darkness for 3 hours, dead came out of the grave)
2. What did the soldiers do instead of breaking Jesus' legs? (pierced
3. What was on Jesus' head? a crown of thorns
1. Why did they place a sign "King of the Jews" on Jesus' cross? to mock
His claim to kingship, and to indicate the charge against him
2. How did the soldiers mock Jesus as a prophet? ("tell us who hit you")
3. What did they offer Jesus when he was thirsty? vinegar on a sponge
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God
hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
are randomly generated. If you see an inappropriate ad, please
with the url so I can block the ad.