Honest hearts will accept the truth, false hearts will not.
The work and teaching of the Lord produces praise and faith in his people.
Lesson Acts 18:22-19:22
Object Lesson Activity: Spreading
used dominoes to demonstrate how the Word spreads from person to person.
First each student got a sticker to draw a person on. Then they attached the
stickers to a domino (the black dominoes in the photo). We spread out a
map-styled tablecloth, and had them place their people dominoes around the
map. Then we gave them more dominoes, and told them to reach all the
stickers using a domino chain.
video, photos and discussion points on the blog!
Acts 18:24-28 Apollos taught by Aquilla and Priscilla
Acts 19:1-7 Paul met disciples who had not been baptized in the
name of Christ, and knew nothing about the Holy Spirit. He baptized them
into Christ and laid their hands upon them.
- What didn't Aquilla and Priscilla do?
- They didn't humiliate Apollos in front of the crowd.
- They didn't reject Apollos as an evil person and
refuse to deal with him.
- What did Aquilla and Priscilla do?
- They spoke to Apollos privately.
- They taught Apollos, who had an open heart to the
- They worked together to teach Apollos more of the
- The entire congregation encouraged Apollos in his
work and encouraged other congregations to support him
- What were the consequences?
- Apollos learned the full truth.
- Apollos was able to use his talent and boldness to
teach others the truth.
- What could've happened if Aquilla and Priscilla had
- Had they rejected him, he wouldn't have learned the
full truth and would have taught others the same.
- Had they treated him harshly, he might have never
been able to teach others the truth.
Acts 19:8-10 Paul taught
for two years at Tyrannus' auditorium "so that all the residents of Asia,
both Jews and Geeks, heard the word of the Lord."
Paul's miracles healed many.
Acts 19:13-17 The seven sons of Sceva
tried to rid a man of an evil spirit "by the Jesus that Paul preaches". The
spirit said "Paul I know and Jesus I know but who are you?"
19:17-20 Magicians who were converted destroyed their valuable but evil
books, rather than sell them, because they refused to profit from that which
The results of each of
these occurrences was awe and righteousness within men and
praise and strength to the name of the Lord. The miracles
and the response of the people proved to others that the
Lord's word was true and awesome.
Activity: Who am I? (give students clues one by
one to see if they can guess who you are.)
Sing:The New Testament Song
- I am a Benjamite
- I studied under Gamaliel
- I am an apostle
- I preached to many Gentiles
- Barnabas accompanied me on one of my journeys
- I met Jesus on the road to Damascus
- I used to be called Saul
Craft: Make a tent from paper materials.
True or False
- Priscilla and Aquilla met a man named Apple.
- Everyone at Ephesus accepted Paul's teaching.
- Paul taught in an auditorium for two years.
- God worked many miracles through Paul.
- Sceva's sons successfully cast out the demon.
Acts 19:11 And God was performing extraordinary miracles by
the hands of Paul.
Acts 19:17 When this became known
to all residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks, everyone
was awestruck; and the name of the lord Jesus was praised.
Review Questions for
- Name three individuals in the lesson.
- Recite the memory verse.
- The seven sons of _________ tried to exorcise a demon.
- Have student locate Ephesus on a map.
- Have student locate and read Revelation 28:1.
- Have student lead class in singing
Oh the B-I-B-L-E
- What was the reaction of those who saw the miracles
performed by Paul?
- How did the congregation treat Apollos?
- Were the magicians happy or sad to burn their books?
- How should we approach those who are teaching the
- How should we react to the teaching and work of the
Lord? (with faith and praise, righteousness and awe)
- How should we react when obeying the Lord costs us
- What occupation did Paul share with Aquilla and
- What was Apollos preaching before he met Aquilla and
- How long did Paul teach in Tyrannus' auditorium?
- Who received praise from Paul's miracles?
- Describe two or three different methods Paul used to
reach others with the truth.
- Did the magicians burn their books in private?